Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are from Family Circle and so tasty. Very nutritious and moist due to the carrots. These are wonderful.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) package pumpkin, quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Set out cream cheese in a bowl until softened. Set out 3 T of butter in a small bowl to soften.
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Set aside 1/2 C muffin mix for topping.
- Place the rest of the mix in a separate bowl (not with the cream cheese mixture). Add the remaining one egg, carrots, milk, raisins, and oil. Stir well until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved muffin mix, pecans, and softened butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 C of muffin batter, top with 1 T cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool muffins in the pan for 15 minutes, gently lift out of the pan and cool completely.
Fabulous muffin recipe, not too sweet. I wound up baking mine closer to 35 to 40 minutes. Thanks for posting! Made for the Football Pool 2013.
Quite easy to make , and moist and flavorful too. I did end up baking them for 30 minutes but we enjoyed them very much. Made for you win in Football Pool.