1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Cheesecake (A Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
3 hrs 25 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This was in the October 29,2008 Food section of the Houston Chronicle and was proclaimed "holiday worthy"! Preparation time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (divided use)
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 3/4 cups sugar (divided use)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 pinch salt (divided use)
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush a 10 inch springform pan with some of the butter;stir remaining butter into graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and pinch salt.
- 3Press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan , packing it tightly and evenly.
- 4Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Cool on rack, then wrap outside of springform pan with heavy duty foil and place in a roasting pan.
- 6Bring a medium pot of water to boil.
- 7Meanwhile beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth; add remaining 2 1/2 cups sugar and beat until just light, scraping down sides of bowl and beaters as needed.
- 8Beat in the sour cream, then add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and beat until just combined; pour into cooled crust.
- 9Without pulling rack out, gently place roasting pan in oven and pour boiling water into roasting pan until it comes about halfway up side of springform pan.
- 10Bake until outside of cheesecake sets but center is still loose, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 11Turn off oven and open door briefly to let out some heat.
- 12Leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour, then carefully remove from roasting pan and cool on a rack.
- 13Run a knife around edges of springform pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 14Bring cheesecake to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- 15Unlock and remove springform ring.
- 16To finish, place a dollop of whipped cream on each slice and sprinkile with toasted pecans.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake (A Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.7
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 260.2 mg
- Sodium 705.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 66.5 g
- Protein 12.0 g