Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from Farm Journal's Country Cookbook. I am planning a making these and some sweet potatoe biscuits this weekend.
- Preheat the over to 425 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter (or margarine), then stir in the pecans.
- Stir together the cream and pumpkin.
- Fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Be careful not to over mix, just moisten the dry ingredients.
- Knead the dough on a lighly floured surface a few times.
- After rolling out the dough until it is 1/2" thick, use a 2" biscuit cutter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I "fiddled" a bit with this to make it fit the meal, but I can imagine how good these are made as written! I cut sugar to 1 tablespoon, added 2 teaspoons of curry powder, instead of cinnamon, and omitted nuts. I served this with a lentil soup and boy was it all good! I will make as written for breakfast over the holidays! Thanks for posting this!