Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This if from the WW site, and I've added a few ingredients, which don't change the point value, which is 4 per serving. If you aren't on a diet, this is still really good. The pureed beans make the stew very hearty.
- 1 lb lean stewing beef
- cooking spray, 1 spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (rinsed)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- Place the beef in your crock pot, on high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms and garlic to a 12" non-stick skillet and saute over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir occasionally. Add to the crock pot.
- Add carrots.
- Place the beans in a blender or food processor, with the broth, and blend until pureed. Add to the crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme.
- I served this over spinach, but it would be nice in a big bowl with some lovely French bread!
I really liked this recipe. I did not puree the beans etc. so my kids balked at eating it. Next time I'll puree the beans, etc. and I think they will like it a lot better.