Recipe by Laka
This Russian dish has been around for several centuries and here is a delicious rendition that pays tribute to this gourmet dish.
- 400 g beef rump, trimmed and cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300 ml beef stock, from 1 mushroom cube
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 400 g fusilli (Spirals or Twists)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pressure cooker pan, heat the olive oil. Quickly sear the beef in batches until browned on both sides. Remove the meat with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until soft. Stir in the flour for 1 min, then gradually stir in the stock. Bubble for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the mustard, purée, cream and black pepper. Return the beef to the pan, cover and lock lid on pressure cooker. Bring to pressure.
- When pressure is reached, turn heat down to low. Continue cooking for 15 minutes. Release pressure naturally.
- Cook the pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions, drain and serve with the creamy Stroganoff.