Recipe by Bergy
This was one of the wonderful dishes that was served at a recent dinner party that I was invited to. The prawns were size 18-20, shelled and tails removed. You may use fresh or frozen. The Oyster sauce is the secret to the delecate flavor.. Be sure that you do not over cook the snow peas they need to have snap and crunch.
Top Review by Katemeri
This was good but could have used some more flavor. Next time I will marinate the shrimp longer. I had to use more cornstarch to thicken the sauce at the end. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp or 1 1⁄2 lbs prawns, pick your size but they should be a fairly large size
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 lb snow peas, cleaned, tips removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Have the Prawns, shelled and deveined, tails removed.
- Combine marinade ingredient in a zip-lock bag& add prawns.
- Marinade 30 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the seasoning sauce- set aside.
- ,Remove prawns from marinade and pat dry.
- Pour 1/4 cup oil in a wok or fry pan& heat.
- Stirfry garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add Prawns, stir fry 30-45 seconds-until pink.
- Remove prawns from the wok.
- Add snowpeas& salt to taste to the wok, stir fry over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add Seasoning sauce, stir fry until the sauce thickens.
- Return prawns to the wok, flip to coat with the sauce just a minute.
- Serve hot.