Sesame Snow Peas
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas (Chinese pea pods)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium carrot, but into matchstick pieces
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- To de-stem peas, pinch off stem end from each pod and pull strings down pod to remove, if present. (Young tender pods may have no strings.).
- Made a "V-shaped" cut at opposite end of pod.
- To stir-fry, place wok or large skillet over hight heat.
- Add sesame and vegetable oils, swirling to coat sides.
- Heat oils until hot, about 30 seconds.
- Add onions, ginger, peas and carrot.
- Stir-fry 4 minutes or until peas are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Transfer to warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 21 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.