Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of my friends always put bacon in her potato salad. The only thing was that I did not like the onions or celery that was also in it. So I took a traditional recipe and played with the celery salt and onion powder until I came up with a good flavor. Now I can have the best of both worlds....bacon and no onions or celery! I always take this camping when we go or to bbq's. It is always a favorite.
- 2 lbs potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Boil potatoes whole until cooked through.
- Peel and cut into cubes.
- Mix the nex 6 ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, eggs, and bacon.
- Mix mayo mixture with potatoes, eggs, and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
delicious! the restauarant were i work hasx great potato salad and i've been trying to copy it for about a year (they won't give me the recipe). This recipe is very close and has become my no. 1 potato salad recipe.
Mmm, nothing beats a nice potato salad!