This is a twist to a classic Potato soup recipe - perfect for fall days! The caraway rye adds a nice touch! Add more pepper to give it a little kick.
- Add the first 7 ingredients into a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30- 45 minutes (or until potatoes have fallen apart). Note that the potatoes will have absorbed all of the stock.
- Stir to break up potatoes or mash them (will be like a puree).
- Add milk to desired consistency (you can use extra chicken stock for a non-dairy alternative).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of chives.