This is a twist to a classic Potato soup recipe - perfect for fall days! The caraway rye adds a nice touch! Add more pepper to give it a little kick.
- Add the first 7 ingredients into a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30- 45 minutes (or until potatoes have fallen apart). Note that the potatoes will have absorbed all of the stock.
- Stir to break up potatoes or mash them (will be like a puree).
- Add milk to desired consistency (you can use extra chicken stock for a non-dairy alternative).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of chives.
Easy and delicious soup, even my picky daughter ate a whole bowl. A friend brought home a leek from the farmers market. So good. We used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and didn't use the milk. Thank you. Sandy
As a previous reviewer stated the instructions are not clear. The first seven ing. are added at the beginning. I reallly enjoyed this soup, it was thick and nice and very flavorful with so few ingredients. I omitted the caraway seeds. Instead of milk I just added about 1/4 cup of half and half and no sour cream. Really good soup. Serving size for me was more like 3-4. Also used a potato masher at the end to really make it creamy.
great tasting soup!! kirt