Recipe by kitina
I was in the mood for some comfort food and DS loves potato soup so I came up with this simple quick recipe. I usually only puree half of it and leave a few chunks in it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large stock pot.
- Saute leeks slowly until tender but not browned.
- Add garlic and tomato and saute for 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock and water, bring to a simmer and add potatoes, coriander, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Let cool and puree half or all if desired.
- For Vegetarian use the Braggs Liquid Aminos (soy sauce).