1/1 Photo of Potato-Crusted Meatloaf
1 hr 20 mins
Ron & Joyce Ripple Sr.'s Note:
I have had this recipe for a long time and do not know where I got it other than it was from a magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g ground veal
- 59.14 ml egg substitute or 1 large egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml bottled chili sauce
- 236.59 ml seasoned dry bread crumb, divided
- 354.88 ml fat free cheese, shredded (your choice)
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g russet baking potatoes, peeled, cooked, kept hot (2 large)
- 59.14 ml chives, minced
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter substitute, melted (I used marg.)
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Place the onion, bell peppers and garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Broil 3 inches from heat for 7 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently.
- 3Transfer to a paper bag, close tightly and let stand 15 minutes or until soft. Scrape off outside skins.
- 4Chop the onion and garlic; seed and chop the peppers.
- 5(You will have about 2 cups of vegetables). Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 13x9x3" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6In a large bowl, mix the beef, veal, vegetables, egg, chili sauce, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the black pepper.
- 7Mix with your hand until well combined.
- 8Transfer to the baking dish and pat into a 12x7" loaf, mounding it slightly in the center.
- 9In a small bowl, with an electric mixer set on med.-high, whip the hot potatoes with the remaining 1 cup of cheese, the chives and the butter until fluffy.
- 10Pipe or spoon on top and sides of the loaf.
- 11Bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat loaf registers 145.
- 12Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Crusted Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 170.5 mg
- Sodium 1479.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 52.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsalted butter substitute