Parmesan Crusted Tilapia With Lemon Caper Sauce
photo by graygal_2051449
- Ready In:
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- canned artichoke heart (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Prepare Parmesan flour by combining 1/2 cup flour and parmesan cheese in shallow pan, set aside.
- Dredge fish in plain flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Coat in parmesan flour mixture.
- Heat non-stick frying pan with olive oil (almost smoking).
- Brown fish on both sides, remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add more oil if needed, and sauté garlic.
- Add capers, lemon juice, wine and stock, salt and pepper (artichokes if you like).
- Reduce by half, remove from heat.
- Add butter and melt through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic. Easily would have paid $20 for this in a restaurant, and left happy! I put in a cup of white wine and omitted the chicken broth. Used the wine to deglaze the pan then added the garlic, capers, and lemon juice. Also used half the juice from the marinated artichokes as someone else suggested. Chopped up some of the artichokes and added at the end. This was fabulous, makes my mouth water just to think about it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two wonderful boys! We live in a small rural community in Indiana that we love. I love cooking, especially entertaining for family and friends. I collect cookbooks and found RecipeZaar by accident online looking for recipes. I was hooked immediately! I tell all of my family and friends about this awesome site. I cannot understand picky eaters or those who won't try something new??? My husband and I enjoy cooking together and trying new recipes. I Was Adopted banner: <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">