Nacho Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) box scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 5 cups water, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Empty potatoes only into a microwave safe bowl along with 3 cups of water.
- On high, cook potatoes approximately 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes of most of the water.
- Combine the potatoes, potato sauce mix (from the box), corn, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and 2 cups of water in a stove-top pan.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to your liking.
- Add milk and cubed Velveeta.
- Cook and stir until the Velveeta is melted into the soup.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream, if you wish.
Join The Conversation
I JUST made this the other day and it is so delicious! I found it in an old edition of Quick Cooking that my mom had -- super easy and so good! The recipe I used called for a dash of hot sauce too -- it gave it just a little kick -- but it would've been good either way!! I'm excited to see this on here!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>