Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A low fat chowder, 4 points per serving.
Make and share this Potato Corn Chowder (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces leeks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 6 small russet potatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 3 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- garlic powder
- Melt butter with oil, saute leeks, carrots, garlic, and celery.
- Add chicken broth , seasonings, and potatoes. Simmer uncovered until the vegetables are tender.
- Add nonfat milk and corn. Combine cold 1% milk and the flour in a shaker and add to the soup. Cook until the soup is thickened and the raw flour taste is gone.
This is very good for a low-fat chowder. It was a little soupy for my taste, so next time I'll use maybe 1/2 cup less milk. I might add some cayenne to spice it up a bit, too. I had a friend over who didn't want any at first because of the high carb ratio, but we chopped up a cooked chicken breast and mixed it into her bowl of chowder and she loved it! Thank you for this recipe.