Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My son prefers these burgers to regular Hamburgers
Make and share this Portabella Burgers With Aioli recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 hamburger buns (We prefer whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- First make the aioli sauce.
- Just add all the Aioli ingredients and whisk together.
- Chill for approximately 20 minutes.
- Then Lightly clean the Portobello mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Mix the Olive oil and Garlic and brush all over Mushrooms.
- Broil Mushrooms for 3-5 minutes with rib side down.
- Turn over and top with cheese.
- Broil an additional 3 minutes.
- Place on Hamburger bun and top with Aloe or anything you would prefer.
- Put on a bib as these burgers are extremely juicy.
- And enjoy.
My husband made these for me when I came home from a week long business trip - they were the most delicious meal I'd had all week. Very very juicy! We're saving the remaining Aloe sauce for sandwiches later.
one of our favorites--first tried it a couple years ago and can't believe I never posted! We have this a couple times a month, it is our answer to, "what do you want for dinner?" "I dunno, what do you want?" I lost my recipe and could not remember if it was dill or cilantro that went in the aelo sauce--glad I did so I could post this!!
I don't particularly like mushrooms, unless they're a small part of a recipe, but this was outstanding. Can't wait to have it again. And it's so quick and easy to put together. I removed the gills before grilling and that cut down on the excess moisture.