Smoky Portabella Burger With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
A delicious burger recipe that I got from a friend! The smoked cheese really gives it a nice flavor - I know it can be hard to find certain varieties depending on where you live, so let me know if you try a new one that works well :) I can get smoked gouda most easily where I live, so that's what I usually use, but I've also tried and enjoyed it with smoked mozzarella and smoked cheddar. I am adding a range on both the basil leaves and sun-dried tomatoes, as it depends on the size of the pieces you have as to how many you might want - enough to cover each mushroom.
- Ready In:
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 4 -6 slices sun-dried tomatoes, depending on size
- 2 2 slices smoked mozzarella cheese or 2 slices smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- 4 -6 basil leaves, depending on size
- Remove mushroom stems and wipe down with a damp cloth.
- Place on heated grill with gill-side down and grill for 10 minutes.
- Flip and grill for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes on the gill-side of the mushroom.
- Top with cheese and let grill until cheese is melty, about 2-3 minutes.
- At the same time, toast hamburger buns on grill, flipping once. They should be done about the same time as the melting cheese.
- Place one mushroom on each bun and top with basil before enjoying!