1/1 Photo of Pork Paprikash
1 hr 25 mins
Mmmmm, yummy! I was taught by a Hungarian neighbor to make chicken paprikash, but it's very nice with the pork too. Prep and cook times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil or 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 lb egg noodles
- 1In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat over moderately high heat.
- 2Toss the Pork with the Flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- 3Add about half the pork to the pot and brown for about 3 minutes; remove.
- 4Repeat with the remaining pork and an additional tablespoon of fat; remove.
- 5Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the remaining tablespoon of fat to the pan.
- 6Add the onion and bell peppers.
- 7Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- 8Stir in the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon black Pepper, and the paprika.
- 9Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 10Add the pork with any accumulated juices and the broth.
- 11Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, until the pork is just done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 12Reduce the heat to very low and whisk in the sour cream.
- 13Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the egg noodles until just done, about 7 minutes and drain.
- 14Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce from the stew and toss with the noodles.
- 15Serve the stew over the noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 204.9 mg
- Sodium 1163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken stock