Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and meat cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups onions, chopped (I use sweet onions)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground is best
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- Chop chicken and combine with flour in a zip-lock bag (or bowl), mix well so flour evenly coats every piece of chicken. Add chicken and flour to electric slow cooker.
- Chop onion and red bell pepper, shred carrot, and add all these to slow cooker. Now add chicken broth, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper to rest of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serving size is 1 cup. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I Made this today, and well lets just say it needed something. I did add the mushrooms because we all like them. However, I would have liked it to be a bit thicker. Mushrooms do add liquid, so if I do make it again, which I am not sure I would, I would add less broth. Also, I would add more paprika.
This meal had a really lovely combination of flavours. As Kate57 did, I froze this before adding sour cream. My fiance and I both loved the flavour and how healthy it is. I think I added a little more paprika than the recipe, but I'm not sure because I just kept adding it until it was right for us. Thanks for another great recipe for my freezer.
The prep on this was easy and the chicken turned out very tender, but my husband felt this was kind of "plain." I thought it was peppery, which I like, but I doubt I'll make it again because he just wasn't all that thrilled with it. NOTE: I didn't add the mushrooms, though my husband might have liked it more if I did. He's a big fan of mushrooms.