Recipe by Briar Rose
A delicious blend of Italian flavors with a homemade flair! I made this one night for my husband and mother (2 of my worste critics) and they loved it. A marriage of the sweet and savory, this recipe is sure to please!
Top Review by Lori Mama
We very much enjoyed this dish. I did have to increase the amount of oats to 1/2 cup, as my meat mixture was just a bit loose for rolling into the balls. Made for PAC Fall '08. :)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the homemade noodles (recipe #27344)earlier with parsley and have them ready before you begin. In mixing bowl combine Pork, egg, milk, Worcestershire, oats, garlic powder, Italian herbs, bullion and mix thoroughly. Cook in a 350ºF Oven for 35 to 40 minute.
- Cut Bell Pepper, Vadalia onion and zuccini into slices and set aside. Begin to boil a pot of water for noodles. When water for noodles is just simmering, take out large skillet and heat on medium high. Once the skillet is warm, put about 2 Tbl. Of butter in pan and add all the vegetables into it. As they sautee in pan, add noodles to now boiling water in pot.
- Once vegetables are done, turn off heat and add cooked meatballs to pan. Then add Sour Cream, bullion and milk to pan creating a savory sauce for the dish. Remove noodles from heat and water once al dante and mix in a little butter to stop them from sticking together.
- Serve hot with favorite fruit side dish.