Italian Chicken Sandwich
Toasted chicken and cheese sandwich flavored by a blend of Italian garnish.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (not cold)
- 2⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Stir together chicken, mozzarella, olives, sun dried tomatoes, pepperoncini, and roasted red peppers.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray (such as Pam) and place over medium-high heat. Divide Parmesan into 4 small piles (about 1 tablespoon each) spreading slightly. Top with 4 slices of bread.
- Pile chicken mixture onto half the bread and cook for a minute or two until cheese is crusty. Close sandwiches and reduce heat ot medium. Cook for a minute or to two on each side or until bread is golden and filling is warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I loved this with a few modifications...I used my panini maker to cook two boneless and skinless chicken breasts, which I had pounded to a universal thickness and seasoned with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. <br/><br/>Next I assembled the sandwiches using fresh mozzarella slices rather than the shredded, so this eliminated the problem of falling ingredients. Otherwise, I used everything as listed and cooked the assembled sandwiches in the panini maker. Once cooked I added a few fresh basil leaves. <br/><br/>Made for photo tag, thanks for posting.Reply
see 1 more