Cordon Bleu Chicken Sandwich
Something different to do on the BBQ. Easy and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 4 kaiser rolls, Halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- barbecue sauce
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap abd pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place chicken breasts on greased grill using medium-high heat, close lid and cook, turning once, a total of about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside or meat thermometer inserted in each piece reads 165(74C).
- On each chicken breast, slather some BBQ sauce on one side.
- Place slices of ham on each breast. Close lid. Let heat for 1 minute then put a slice of cheese on each breast/ham piece. Take off grill.
- In a bowl, combine well the mayonnaise, honey, horseradish and dry mustard, spread over cut sides or rolls.
- Build sandwiches with chicken and garnishes.
- Garnishes-Lettuce, Tomato, Thinly Sliced Onions, Sliced Pickled Hot Peppers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I actually never had a chicken cordon Bleu sandwich before so I had nothing to compare it to but me and my husband just had this meal for dinner and we both really liked it. I made the mayonnaise sauce just as instructed and it was really good. My husband didn’t think he would like the side sauce so his first few bites he didn’t use it but after he tried the side sauce he smothered his sandwich in it. The only difference I did is when I cut the fat off of my chicken I always end up with smaller pieces so after I cooked the chicken I just cut them into bite sizes bc I knew the chicken I had wasn’t the right size for the roll so I thought it’d be easier to just cut it up small. Then I just did as the recipe instructed. I will definitely make this again. It’s easy to make and isn’t time consuming.1Reply
Yum! These were delicious! Followed the recipe, except used a course grain mustard for the dry, in the mayo mixture. It sure was yummy combined with a great roll, the bbq sauce on the chicken, and the swiss cheese put all together. We also put tomato, thinly sliced onion, and some lettuce on the sandwiches. Definitely will make again! Thank you for the recipe!Reply
see 9 more