The Schattenkerk Family’s Pork Meatballs
Recipe courtesy Liza Schattenkerk.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 pork sausage links, removed from casings
- 1⁄8 cup minced prosciutto
- 1⁄4 baguette, soaked in 1 cup of milk for 15 minutes, then squeeze milk out and shred bread with fingers
- 1⁄8 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1⁄8 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- flaked sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced and carmelized
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon mace
- $notetemplate1$ for meatballs
- Combine in a big bowl with hands, create a small test patty, fry in a little oil. Then taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Form meatballs into golf ball sized balls.
- Place in oiled casserole and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, turn meatballs over, cover with red sauce, bake for another 40 minutes.
- Serve with buttered noodles, more sauce and fresh parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION