Bacon & Mushroom Risotto
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A one-pan family favourite of Italian rice that's quick to prepare and low calorie too. Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2012.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 9 ounces chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces risotto rice
- 4 cups hot chicken stock
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion and bacon for 5 mins to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins until they start to release their juices. Stir in the rice and cook until all the juices have been absorbed.
- Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring well and waiting for most of the stock to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful - it will take about 20 mins for all the stock to be added. Once the rice is cooked, season and serve with the grated Parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION