Recipe by Marie
A very easy one pan to wash meal - everything's included, even the veggie.
Top Review by vrvrvr
This recipe worked like a charm, smelled fabulous and tasted great! Next time I will use a little additional liquid so that the finished dish has some sauce. We enjoyed this a lot, and the technique produces perfectly tender rice. Thanks for posting!
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil.
- Remove chops from the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for peas, Parmesan cheese and black pepper to skillet. Place pork chops over the rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove chops to serving platter.
- Add peas, parmesan cheese and black pepper to rice and stir together until peas are warmed through.