Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Woman's Day The secret to this winning dish is its sweet and tangy vinaigrette, made with whole-grain mustard, maple syrup, olive oil and scallions. Use it on roasted squash, sweet potatoes-any root vegetable you like!
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, cut into 3-in sticks
- 3⁄4 lb parsnip, cut into 3-in sticks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 (1 inch) thick pork chops or 2 lbs pork chops
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 424°F On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots, parsnips, 2 Tbsp of the oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp of remaining oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and cook until browned, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven along with the vegetables, and cook until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mustard, syrup, remaining 2 Tbsp oil and scallion. Serve with the pork and vegetable.