Honey-Roasted Root Vegetables
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled sweet potatoes (about 1 large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped peeled turnips (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped parsnips (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup tupelo honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 shallots, halved
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine all ingredients except the cooking spray in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place vegetable mixture on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These recipe is so delicious. This is the second recipe for Roasted Veges that I have adored. I used sweet potato, turnips, carrots, and shallot. I was kind of worried about how hot the temperature but they turned out so good. . The pieces of veges were golden and so tasty. I couldn't really tell for sure it was a turnip. Just slightly sweet rich flavor.
Chef Pot Pie-another winner from you! In order for our daughter to eat this dish, I used agave nectar in which I added 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice. Subbed rutabagas for turnips and added one orange fleshed sweet potato (aka "yam"). I also added extra shallots but ran out so threw in half a Walla Walla onion sliced. Served with your equally delicious Recipe #179425 and a simple tossed baby spinach salad. Thank you for posting your wonderful recipe! cg
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)