Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Comfort food for soul! My DS is not a fan of pork chops but cover them with potatoes and cheese sauce.....gone in a flash.
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 cups thin sliced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Brown chops in large skillet.
- Toss potatoes, onions, flour and seasonings together.
- Place potato mixture in buttered 13x9 pan.
- Place chops on top of potato mixture.
- Add soup and milk to skillet.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Pour over chops and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake and additional 15 minutes.
These were so good. Enjoyed by everyone~ and that's not an easy feat. ;)
Delicious! My husband has already asked to have it again. I made it as directed except I added a couple of slices from a Velveeta loaf to the cheese sauce. I cooked it until it was melted and poured it over the chops and potatoes before baking.
Very easy to put together, and the bake time was perfect. I did use Feista Nacho Cheese soup and added a cup of chopped bell peppers. I also used skim milk which may have made the sauce a little runny (totally my fault for not following recipe), but didn't change the taste! Thanks for the recipe!