Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves throwing his favorite ingredients into a pot like a crazy muppet 'Swedish Chef'. However, this one is actually really good and goes well over a hot bowl of rice. Feel free to substitute the asian ingredients for what you have in your local area. Shiitake mushrooms can be found dried in packages - just soak in water for 15 mins to rehydrate and cook as usual.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 16 ounces bean sprouts, cleaned
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 12 (16 ounce) packages firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ounces bean curd, fried (abura-age)
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced to 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons water
- Drain tofu pieces on several layers of paper towels.
- Brown onions in skillet with canola oil.
- Add mushrooms and bean sprouts and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add pork and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a separate bowl, combine oyster sauce and water and add to pork mixture. Cook and stir well until mixture thickens.
- Gently fold in tofu and green onions. Heat through.
- Serve immediately over rice.