Chef #665035's Note:
My husband loves throwing his favorite ingredients into a pot like a crazy muppet 'Swedish Chef'. However, this one is actually really good and goes well over a hot bowl of rice. Feel free to substitute the asian ingredients for what you have in your local area. Shiitake mushrooms can be found dried in packages - just soak in water for 15 mins to rehydrate and cook as usual.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 16 ounces bean sprouts, cleaned
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 12 (16 ounce) packages firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ounces bean curd, fried (abura-age)
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced to 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1Drain tofu pieces on several layers of paper towels.
- 2Brown onions in skillet with canola oil.
- 3Add mushrooms and bean sprouts and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 4Add pork and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine oyster sauce and water and add to pork mixture. Cook and stir well until mixture thickens.
- 6Gently fold in tofu and green onions. Heat through.
- 7Serve immediately over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Tofu Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (1701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1416.4
- Calories from Fat 753
- Total Fat 83.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 1396.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 146.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: