Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
This is my family's version of a German recipe I came across years ago. The mashed potatoes are not inclued time and directions as I offten make them the day before and rewarm just before serving.
- 680.38 g boneless pork shoulder
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 680.38 g frozen green beans, cut
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt, adjust to taste
- 29.58 ml vinegar, white
- 1.23 ml savory or 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- 0.59 ml pepper, adjust to taste
- mashed potatoes, enough to serve 6
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes and place in large pot with chicken broth. Cover and simmer for an 1 1/2 hours.
- Add frozen green beans, recover and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, vinegar, savory and pepper. Recover and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Ladle into six bowls top each with a helping of mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
- Hope you enjoy as much as my family does.