Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
This is my family's version of a German recipe I came across years ago. The mashed potatoes are not inclued time and directions as I offten make them the day before and rewarm just before serving.
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes and place in large pot with chicken broth. Cover and simmer for an 1 1/2 hours.
- Add frozen green beans, recover and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, vinegar, savory and pepper. Recover and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Ladle into six bowls top each with a helping of mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
- Hope you enjoy as much as my family does.