Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This isn't anything like a chili to me, but the flavors are really nice. It's a quick recipe perfect for a weeknight. Recipe is from an older Woman's Day magazine.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2⁄3 cup sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (29 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed (1 lb 13 oz)
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, rinsed or 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) bottle green chili salsa (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooked rice
- sliced radish
- chopped cilantro
- Cook pork, scallions and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up meat as it cooks, until pork is no longer pink.
- Stir in chickpeas, hominy, salsa, 1⁄3 cup water, the cumin and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12 to 15 minutes to develop flavors.
- Serve over rice; garnish with radishes and cilantro.