Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Chicken thighs are used in this recipe, but boneless, skinless breasts could be used instead. Be careful not to overcook, as the result could be rather dry chicken. Serve with warm flour tortillas, salsa and sour cream." This came in an email from Albertsons. Note the 30 minute marinating time.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- flour tortilla
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Place chicken in sauce, and turn once to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken strips to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and green pepper, and saute another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
We love fajitas and we loved these! The only change was that I used chicken breasts. This marinade is very similar to "Cook's Illustrated" except this one uses chili powder and cider vinegar and the other one uses lime juice, instead of lemon). I loved the tang of the cider vinegar and the lemon juice sprinkled on the veggies (never heard of that before). I can't wait to have these again! Roxygirl