Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love quick and easy recipes. I found this one in an ethnic cookbook. You can use any fruit you have on hand.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 lb unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- fruit, any type (apples, peaches, plums, etc.)
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth an creamy. Add 1 egg at a time, alternating with flour and beat well until blended.
- Pour batter into grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Arrange fruit such as sliced peaches, apples dusted with cinnamon or plums sliced in half on top of cake so it's well distributed.
- Bake at 350°F 30 - 40 minutes until cake is golden. Cool and dust with icing sugar.
- Be sure every guest gets a nice slice of fruit on top!