Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
1 coffee cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1 -2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can pie filling (any flavor)
- Beat together butter (or margarine) and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add other ingredients (except pie filling)& combine thoroughly.
- Spread about 1/2 the batter in a 10x15x1" cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray (pan must have at least 1" sides).
- Place pie filling on top of batter; top the pie filling with remaining 1/2 of batter, spreading it out so that most of the fruit is covered.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with powdered sugar icing, if desired.
Join The Conversation
Very good with cherry pie filling. I like a lot of filling so I used two cans, probably 1 1/2 would have been better. I toasted some almond slivers and put on top before I drizzled it with powdered sugar icing. It disappeared quickly at my meeting today. I would make it again for a party. Makes a large pan.
I made this recipe today to take to a potluck tonight. I followed directions explicitly and am an experienced cook. What a goopy disgusting mess this turned out to be. I changed pans, changed to parchment paper, did everything I could think of and then ended up throwing it all away. Waste of ingredients!
Here in Australia there is no "pie filling" so I made my own - mixed berry. I didn't realise how un cake like the batter would be, more like a biscuit or cookie consistancy. A great recipe, albeit a bit dry (it needs a glaze or melted butter on top). I made as written but did sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top just prior to baking. My DH took what was left to work today and came home with an empty container. I will make again as the family enjoyed it, thanks for posting!