Top Review by charliehhi
While the premise sounds tasty, the pickles take away from what could be a more flavorful sauce. Try using capers. Also, the meat is cooked too well-done and comes out dry. I suggest searing for only 1 to 2 minutes per side and then reheating with the sauce. Things have changed from the old rule of not eating pork that has any pink in it. A little bit of pink will help the texture. I serve the dish with home-made potato/cheese peirogi which were 5 stars!
- 4 pork loin chops (1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup (I use Campbell's)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large dill pickle (chopped in small cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (extra dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn (freshly ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim some of the fat from chops and use along with the peanut oil for browning.
- Sear chops on high heat in heavy skillet for 1 minute each side.
- Set aside chops and keep warm.
- Lower heat to medium and add onion.
- Saute until translucent.
- Return chops to pan and reheat with sauce to warm through.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir until hot.