Polish Pork chops with Sauerkraut
This recipe is from an old friends Grandmother. Simple, good food!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs sauerkraut
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 1 large Red Delicious apple
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil to medium high and brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- To the pan add the onions and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onions until translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bay leaf and the drained sauerkraut.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Pour the stock over top, bring to a slow boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peel, core and dice the apple.
- Add to the pan with the cumin seeds and stir well, simmering for another 15 minutes.
- Test for doneness.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION