Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from Karo syrup company.
Top Review by mandabears
this was very good, my plums were the Italian type, but huge in size. I made the recipe exactly, but sliced my plums into 1/8ths. Next time I will taste the plums first because mine were sour and the cobbler needed a little more sugar in the fruit mix.
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the corn syrup with the corn starch and cinnamon; toss with the plums.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8"x8" baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the baking mix, nuts, milk and sugar; vigorously 20 strokes.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the hot plums and then bake for an addition 15 to 20 minutes.