Not Your Mama's Apple Cobbler
I cant remember where I found this recipe, but it is super yummy. Its fairly easy to make, and seems to me that if you had unexpected company, this would be a way to WOW them. :)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 (20 1/2 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat apple juice in a medium-size sauce pan. Add raisins and cook 1 minute. Add apple pie filling and bring to a simmer. Stir in walnuts. Spoon filling into prepared baking dish.
- Unroll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 12 circles with a 2-inch cutter. Place circles over top of apple mixture and brush with egg-water wash. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until pastry is browned. Remove from oven:cool slightly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This smelled so good cooking! I didn't have raisins but didn't want to change the recipe too much so I warmed the apples, walnuts and apple juice in a pan before transferring to the baking dish. I also sprinkled in a little cinnamon with the apples as well as topped the puff pastry with cinnamon and sugar. Made for Spring PAC 2013.Reply
see 1 more