Pear and Apple Cobbler
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix (I use Pioneer)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Add cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and orange juice to a large saucepan; stir to combine.
- Gently stir in apple pie filling and pears.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened; keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, add biscuit/baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and butter; combine just until blended.
- Pour hot filling into an ungreased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Drop batter in 6 mounds onto fruit mixture.
- Mix together the remaining sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and a pick inserted in the biscuit topping comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!