Recipe by MommyMakes
A bread machine makes having homemade pizza as easy as using a storebought pizza! I use this for pizzas and calzones. Prep and cook time do not include time in dough cycle. My dough cycle is 1 hour and 30 minutes long. This recipe makes a ton of dough if you like a thinner crust like me, it makes 1 large thick crust pizza, it also makes six 6-inch calzones. It is crispy and flavorful, I like to sub some whole wheat flour for real artisan taste!
Top Review by Chef GreanEyes
YUMMY!!! Made the dough in the bread machine for my man when he was gonna make a pot pie casserole. Used water not beer, basil in place of ital seasoning, and all purp flour in place of bread flour. also added a little bit of fried garlic. Turned out great!!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful dough recipe!!
- 1 cup lukewarm beer or 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour, sub whole wheat flour as desired
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- cornmeal, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except cornmeal into your bread machine according to your manufacturer's directions. For my bread machine it is in the order listed above.
- Once dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a floured surface. Preheat oven to 400°F and roll or stretch dough out into a 12 inch round (medium crust) or several small rounds or a large rectangle. Place pizza on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over top of dough. Bake pizza for 10 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and cover with toppings. Reduce oven temp to 350ºF and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned.