Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
When I first fixed dinner for my father in law, he put this in his mouth and just sit there, I had no idea, I thought he wanted to spit it out, but once he swallowed it, he said he loved it and just wanted to hold it in his mouth. This was his very favorite, and everyone loves this. The cream cheese layer is sometimes hard to spread, I use the back of a large spoon and run cold water over it. Prep time includes 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 (3 ounce) packages pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 pecans, chopped
- Mix butter flour and pecans together.
- Press in 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake ar 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Make pistachio pudding with 2 cups milk.
- Spread over cheese layer.
- Top with a thin layer of cool whip and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Store in refrigerater.
Refreshing and delicious, but I would say make a couple of hours ahead of time, this needs a bit of time to firm up slightly. I made mine in an 11 x 7-inch pan and that worked fine. Wonderful dessert Mel! Kitten:)
This is a favorite in our family. Everyone loves it. DD always wanted this made for her birthday instead of a cake and after she developed diabetes, I simply replaced the sugar/powdered sugar with splenda, the pudding with sugar free pudding and the coolwhip, with sugar free coolwhip, she still loves it and it tastes great!
I liked it, but didn't think the crust added much to the dessert other than fat/calories... I would make it in cups or glasses if I made it again with no crust.