Pistachio Pudding, Pineapple Fluff Dessert Salad
photo by amybluefish
- Ready In:
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry
- 1 (1 lb) bag mini marshmallows
- Chop the cherries into fourths, but reserve a few for the top whole.
- Mix pudding with cool whip and pineapple with juice.
- Add walnuts, chopped cherries and marshmallows.
- Combine well.
- Refridgerate for at least 24 hours so marshmallows can soften, but can be served after 2 hours.
- Garnish with whole cherries on top.
Yummy!! I couldn't resist and had to taste this before it was done. I only had a 16 oz. container of Cool Whip on hand and it worked out perfectly. I suggest you use a large bowl for this because it makes quite a bit. The green pudding with the cherries on top really looks nice in a decorative glass bowl and it tastes wonderful. Definitely a keeper.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 3-31-13......I am now a working mom to a lively 15 year old. Wow, I have not updated this in 5 years. We have moved fron Valparaiso, to Chesterton, to South Haven and are in Portage,IN. This is my husbands home town. I am working, though not happpily at the McDonalds in Burns Harbor. We still have Rocky the Brittany Spaniel. We have 3 cats. Nilla Kiki, who came up to the door of the restaraunt I worked at when we lived in South Haven. We moved to Portage in 2011. Tony, my hubby, moved to our new trailer which needed some work. Our daughter Allegra stayed with Grandma and I, and Kiki stayed with a friend. In June of 2011 we all moved into where we live now. In January of 2012 a Facebook friend who lived in Kentucky, said she had White Kittens. I joked if she would deliver I would take a female. Well on 1-15-12 she brought us Gracie Lynn. Then on July 3rd a kitten showed up at our house who is now Samson Anthony Hughes. My husband, the cat hater decided to keep him as his own. I would rather own my own restaurant than work at Micky D's, but there are bills to pay. Ally, as we call her wants to be a Pharmacist, and she is an honor roll student know and I can't let her down.</p>