Refrigerator Pistachio Dessert
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a yummy dessert. It's very refreshing, great for a hot summer night. You'll have people asking for the recipe when you serve it to family or friends.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9" x 13" pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour and margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in pistachios; pat into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 1/2 carton of whipped topping; spread over cooled crust.
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk at medium speed until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture carefully over cheese layer.
- Spread with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this recipe and used to make it alot more when the kids lived at home. Now, it's a once in a while treat. When I make this in the summer, I use 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (or any other crumbs) and 3 tablespoons of melted butter and just press this into my pan & refrigerate until firm. Who wants to turn the oven on on a hot summer day?Reply
This was a big hit at my St. Patty's day dinner last night! Extremely easy to make and should be made ahead. I didn't chop my pistachio's finely enough for the crust; next time I'll get them really small, otherwise they're tough to fork/cut through and prevent the crust from being smooth. I used light pudding, whipped topping and cream cheese with no problems at all! Loved it and will be making again!Reply
see 2 more