Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This pie is superb.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Add corn syrup, flour, rum extract, pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This was good but different for my tastes. It was like a heavy pineapple pudding. It tasted very tropical. I put it in a store bought graham cracker crust, it fit perfect. I used the rum extract. A few of my co-workers loved it. Made for Zaar Tag.
Yummy pie filling! I was out of macadamias, so used toasted almonds instead. Loved the combo of flavours. Used dienia's Cocoa Graham Cracker Crust Cocoa Graham Cracker Crust. Will make again.