Cranberry Nut Pie
photo by chia2160
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare pie crust in pie and crimp the edges.
- In a large bowl combine cranberries, brown sugar, nuts, 3 T.
- flour, and cinnamon.
- Spoon cranberry mixture into pie shell.
- Beat egg until thick.
- Gradually add sugar and beat well.
- Beat in 1/2 cup flour and butter.
- Pour butter mixture over cranberry mixture in pie crust.
- Cover crust edges with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 20-25 additional minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really wanted to adore this pie. I love cranberries and couldn't wait to try it. However, I found it possibly needs something done differently in order to make the brown sugar mixture adhere to the cranberries. I found that the berries all floated to the top of the pie while the brown sugar and nut mixture sank to the bottom and formed a sweet sugar layer. Extremely tart top/extremely sweet bottom. I have most of the pie left over. I just cut a slice of it and cut it into pieces and mix it up and its good, so I think perhaps coating the berries in egg white or something before mixing with the sugar might make for a better blend of ingredients. My grandson, at 21 months, couldn't get enough of the pie. I will try it again with some changes because I think this could be excellent.