Chocolate Harvest Nut Pie
This recipe was found in the Dec 2006 cookbooklet, Best Recipes, Hershey's Holiday Favorites! Preparation time does not include time for pie to cool completely!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 2 cups whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together brown sugar, cocoa & salt, then add corn syrup, eggs, butter & vanilla, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in pecans, walnuts & almonds, then pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning of the crust, then bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil & bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed across the top.
- Remove from oven & cool completely on a wire rack.
- If desired, top with whipped topping & additional nuts. Cover leftovers & store in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a dream of a chocolate nut pie :) I made a gluten free pie crust and reduced sugar and syrup: 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup honey (I don't use corn syrup) - personal preference, I just don't like it very sweet. It didn't seem to affect the texture because the pie came out perfect, and the taste was fantastic. Thanks for posting!<br/>Made for Went To The Market.
This pie gets 5 stars alone for taste! That said, I think it would be better suited to a deep-dish crust, as my filling over-ran...It did puff up nicely, but the crust was covered with filling, so not too pretty :( I did cover it with whipped topping, and it tasted fabulous! I followed the directions, as stated, and the pie is very fudgy, rich and decadent. I will make this again, but next time, I'll try a bit larger crust. Thanks for sharing, Syd!