Herbed Green Bean Casserole
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs fresh green beans (or 2 14-oz cans of drained green beans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using fresh beans, rinse them & cut them into 3"-to'4" pieces, before steaming them for about 15 minutes, or until they are only slightly crisp. Set beans aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together breadcrumbs (I use crumbs from winter wheat or cracked wheat bread), basil, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, parsley, garlic powder & Parmesan cheese.
- Add vegetable oil to crumb mixture & stir well, before setting aside 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture for topping the casserole.
- In an ovenproof dish, combine green beans & crumb mixture, then sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until top is golden & crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!