Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this wonderful and tasty recipe in Taste of Home Light and Tasty magazine and it ws created by Michelle Bishop. It is full of flavor and delicious. Nice change from standard dinner entrees. Hope you like it as we did.
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed canned pineapple (undrained)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- *** Note: If you have honey mustard in stock , just use 1 tablespoon of.honey mustard instead of combining dijon mustard and honey.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple, mustard, honey, garlic and salt
- Place mixture in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the pork chops to the bag, seal the bag and turn to coat pork chops.
- Refrigerate pork chops in the bag and remaining mixture separately for up to 24 hours.
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in the canola oil for apx 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness of pork chops ) over a medium heat. .
- Add reserved pineapple mixture to the skillet,
- reduce heat to low and cover and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Enjoy !
The flavor of the pineapple-garlic was good. Maybe I cooked the chops too long. They were tough. Also, the directions were confusing when it said to coat the chops with the pineapple in the bag but to refrigerate separately. Didn't understand that at all.
I liked it nuit no one else did