Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my grandmother. She goofed up a recipe for baked pineapple and actually came up with a better dish, or we think so. Easy to make. You can assemble the day before and bake when ready.
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 6-10 slice white bread
- In a bowl, combine drained pineapple, egg, sugar, butter.
- Begin adding bread pieces and stir. Bread should absorb liquid. Continue adding bread until bread will no longer absorb liquid. This can be anywhere from 6-10 slices.
- Put in a 9x9" baking dish.
- Bake 350 for 30-45 minutes. Top should begin to brown when it is done.
- I almost always double the recipe, use a 9 x 13 pan, and bake for 1 hour.