Creamy Coconut and Rum Baked Pineapple
I came up with this as a solution to leftover coconut milk and a fresh pineapple. And even on Weight Watchers, it was worth saving points for this dessert. The whole recipe has a total of 8 points. The rum for this dessert should be golden- a light rum will not produce the same depth of flavour. Number of servings will depend on the size of pineapple used- increase the sauce if using a large pineapple.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use Brown Sugar Splenda)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons golden rum
- whipped cream (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C (this is the temperature I use although my oven is fan-assisted so if yours is not, you may wish to use a higher temperature).
- Peel and core the pineapple. Slice it into bite-size chunks and lay flat in one layer on a baking tray (I use pyrex).
- Scatter the brown sugar/brown sugar Splenda evenly over the top.
- In a glass, mix the coconut milk with the rum. Pour over the pineapple and put in the oven.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes uncovered, turning and stirring every 10 minutes.
- Serve the pineapple chunks warm with the sauce drizzled over the top. Whipped cream would also be a good addition!