Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve on toast, sandwiches, bagels or use a gifts.
- 4 cups crushed pineapple, not drained
- 7 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark rum
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- Combine all ingredients except pectin in a large pot and bring to a boil over a medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 - 40 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin, mixing well.
- Ladle into 8 or 9 8- oz. sterilized jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.